Tuesday, March 4, 2008

london calling

this morning i had a sudden yearning for london. took me by surprise as i have never looked back since we left 7 weeks ago. i think it was triggered by a music video i saw on tv earlier - 'curtain falls' by blue. it was filmed in central london and just seeing all of the familiar sites made me a bit nostalgic. i can't say that i miss our non-stop lifestyle that we led, the long working hours we kept or the inconvenience of living in a city that doesn't always cater to its residents...but i do miss the cosmopolitan metropolis that it is.

i thought i would share some of my favourite images captured throughout our 3 years there.

buckingham palace

mushy peas...ugh

the thames - taken from a job site high in the sky!

st. paul's cathedral

the tunnels in leeds castle

stonehenge - i was amazed every time i visited

the chapel in tower of london

the bird man in hyde park

hyde park

our *hood* - bankside

the locks at camden

camden market

tower bridge


3 comments:

Ferron said...

hey kris great pics of both new and old. I hope all is well. I am sure you heard as I spoke with Mike, but we had number two. Caleb Victor Ferron, born Feb 23 at 5:07pm, 8.5lbs. All is well with the four of us. See you soon.

Shawn

Tracy said...

Those are fantastic pics Kris. It is always nice to look back at pictures that were a big part of our past! I am going to dig out some Ryerson ones now (hee, hee)!
xo

Brian said...

I'm gonna miss coming to visit in London, especially shopping in Camden. that and afternoon pints/magners with Mike.